What is included:
- Airport transfers
- Bed and breakfast accommodation in Kathmandu
- All meals on the trek
- Local English speaking guide during the trek
- 1 Porter
- Insurance for guide and porter
- Sightseeing day in Kathmandu with transport and guide
- International Flight ticket
- Nepal entry visa fee ($40 on arrival, bring four clear passport sized photos with you, 2 for entry visa, 2 for trekking permit)
- Personal expenses, including insurance
- Meals outwith trek.
- Drinks, including water. You should either bring purification tablets or be prepared to spend between $1-$3 per bottle when in the mountain.
- Laundry and shower services
- Wi-fi access and battery charging
- Any additional nights accommodation and meals due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Trekking crew tips – suggested $80 minimum but more will always be welcome.
Personal equipment necessary for trek.- We can advise on where to hire or buy the most suitable equipment at a good price. Expect to spend around $12 for hire or a down jacket and $12 for the hire of a suitable sleeping bag.
Terms & Conditions
Proof of insurance suitable for up to 6000m. World Nomads has a suitable policy.
Flights between Kathmandu and Lukla may experience delays out of our control. This may lead to the trek taking longer. Please ensure you have taken this into account when booking your return journey from Nepal.
If it becomes necessary to charter a helicopter then you will be responsible for the extra cost. This may be up to $500 depending on the number of passengers.
Solo travellers may be able to join a larger group, you should be prepared to share a room if this is the case.
Solo travellers who wish to travel alone may be charged an extra $10 per day for a porter.
Your deposit is refundable up until we have incurred expenses, such as booking a flight.
There is a $150 cancellation fee if you have to cancel before we have incurred expenses.
If your plans change we are flexible and will try to reschedule you. This may incur a cost if you decide to go in a different season, or on a different trek.
Payment can be made via; cash, direct bank transfer, Paypal, or credit card. Paypal payment may incur an additional fee.
We recommend you take the following items with you on the trek.
- Hat/ scarf
- Light balaclava/ warm fleece hat,
- Cotton T-shirts/ Thermals
- Fleece jacket/ jersey
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Lightweight cotton trousers
- Waterproof trousers
- Thin inner socks, Thick, warm wool hiking socks,
- Hiking boots
- Sleeping bag rated to - 20°C,
- Trekking bags/duffel bag, Dry bags, Trekking poles, Sunglasses, Head torch,Water bottle
Trekking gear can be bought or hired in Kathmandu. We have relationships with several reputable companies and will be happy to help you get your equipment.
Except for your day pack, bags will be carried by porters. There is a non negotiable allowance of no more than 33lbs/15kg per person.
Any personal items not needed for trekking can be left in a secure facility at your hotel for no charge.
health & safety
Medical insurance is mandatory and will have to cover you up to the altitude of your trek. It is your responsibility to sort out your own insurance. It is very important and may save your life.
You will need to be in reasonable physical shape. Have full mobility and not be suffering from any ailments which many be made worse by strenuous activity at high altitude. Also if you have delicate skin or have had skin cancer you must be careful, mountain sun is very strong and reflects off the snow. You will need sun protection from the UVs, bring sunglasses and cover your skin.
Consult your doctor before booking of you have any doubts.
Altitude & breathing
Lower oxygen density at altitude may result in breathing difficulties. You must pay attention to your body and relax or request a day to acclimatise if you need it.
If you fall ill
Our guides are all First Aid trained. Let them know immediately if you feel unwell. They will also be the person who calls for a rescue helicopter if needed. Ensure you have your insurance sorted and documentation with you on the trek.